Founded in 2010, Ryan’s Project (501(c)(3)) is an all-volunteer organization that fulfills the vision of Ryan M. Robinson, USMC by sponsoring the attendance for wounded North Texas Marines to annual Marine Corps Ball events in Dallas, Texas. With support from sponsors and partners, we provide the admission fee, transportation, and custom uniform tailoring for sponsored Marines. We reach out active and veteran service members and collaborate with other veteran organizations in an effort to meet the needs of our wounded heroes.
We also assist, when possible, in the funding necessary to train and place service dogs with disabled military service members through K-9′s for Freedom and Independence.
WHY WE DO IT
I serve as Chief Operations Officer for the project in memory of his loyal friendship and remarkable courage. Ryan was a very dear friend with a profound and influential impact on my life. Without his stubborn encouragement, I would have never had the courage to volunteer as a crisis counselor for veterans, an experience that was deeply rewarding. Carrying forward his vision is the least that I can do to honor such an outstanding individual.
Ryan passed away on September 1st, 2008 as a result of injuries received in combat from his 2006 Iraq deployment. He was only 29 years old. Ryan was a hero in Iraq, and at home. To say that his loss devastated his family and friends is an understatement.
Ryan loved the Marine Corps Ball and was deeply concerned about wounded Marines unable to attend due to their injuries. Before his passing he said to his father, “Dad, wouldn’t it be great if there was an organization that could get these wounded Marines to the Ball? An all-expenses-paid night out of the hospital or their homes with fitted dress blues and a limousine. It would remind them they have not been forgotten, that their sacrifice is remembered.”
Ryan believed in his country, in the Marine Corps and in our nation’s veterans, and we seek to carry on his love for all with Ryan’s Project. Ryan is gone, but his vision lives on through us.
• Recognized by the City of Keller for our efforts, honored with June 19 as officially celebrated “Ryan’s Project Day”.
• Special awards and certificate of thanks presented by Toys for Tots, Washington D.C. and Dallas/Fort Worth
• Officially recognized and commended by Texas Governor Rick Perry
• Officially commended by State Representative, Vicki Truitt
• Official military charity sponsor of the 2011 HP Byron Nelson
OUR CRUCIAL SPONSORS AND FRIENDS
- Ad Valorem Services Company
- Carter BloodCare
- Cotton Patch Cafe
- City of Keller, Texas
- Metroplex Marines
- Toys for Tots Dallas and Washington DC
- The Wells Report
- Creative B Web Design
- Grace After Fire
- Old Town Quilts
- Don Moore Illustrations
- Operation Once in a Lifetime
- Texas Blaze Community Newspaper
- Texas Representative Vickie Truitt, District 98
- Tyler Toliver, USMC
- The Mission Continues
- Dr. Daniel Dugan, DDS
- Five Star Ford, North Richland Hills
- Carol Harris, State Farm Keller, Texas
HOW TO HELP
Support Ryan's Project either by volunteering, donating or recommending a Marine for our mission. To find out more, please visit to our website, follow us on Twitter, check us out on Facebook or send an email to Doug.